Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Why Bob Cooks

Bob is the main cook in our house, but I was willing to help with dinner. 
He asked me to boil potatoes, then squish them.
(Yes, he says, "squish." No mashing potatoes in this house!)
When I got done, the squished spuds looked nearly normal. A bit shiny, but, hey, they were real, live potatoes!
 But when they were put on a plate, they seemed a bit...sticky.
Where did that come from? They just had the traditional addition of milk/butter before I whipped them.
Uh-oh...whip? That wasn't in the instructions.
 Well, with a solid scoop of spuds, it might make sense that they'd hold together somewhat. Wouldn't it?
But when they're THIS stretchy....ahhh! It's more like eating glued potatoes!
So here's my advice...do not use an emulsion blender to squish potatoes.
Get Bob to do it!
Do you like potatoes?
What's your favorite way to eat them?

No comments: