Monday, June 10, 2019

How You Know When You Need To Declutter

Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I'm not a "matchy-matchy" type of person. I don't mind if all the silverware has different patterns, if the plates are various sizes, or if drinks are served in jelly jars, cans, or a once-upon-a-time yogurt container. 
Thus, we have an interesting array of cups in our kitchen (and office, and bedroom.) Since Carolyn works at a thrift store and loves pretty things, we actually have more cups than we need, more than we have hooks for, more than we can use for our table when it folds out to comfortably seat 8 regular-sized people or 14 miniature ones.
I didn't realize how much I didn't like how many cups we had until I tried hanging one up, missed the hook, and dropped it on another cup on the counter, breaking both of them.
I was so happy.
Even while cleaning broken glass off the counter, I was happy.
Even while sweeping and wiping the floor to catch any stray glass shards, I was happy! Two fewer cups to deal with.
Yep. It was prime time to declutter.
Is it easy for you to throw stuff away? Or do you prefer to hang onto things?


No comments: