Monday, December 28, 2020

Kitten Curl

If any animal knows how to relax, I would vote for a kitten.
Many events in the past few months have made me wish to emulate this most restful pose. On a few occasions, I've been able to do so without any guilt whatsoever.
(Wait...shouldn't I be able to do it any time I like with no guilt?)
Yet in my view, a fulfilled life requires action, decision-making, and moving forward with goals, whether large or small. They can range from finishing my next manuscript to making a single phone call to communicating effectively with my little sister to improving my skills in playing the piano and ukulele. (I'm already pretty good on the saxophone!)
I don't set New Year's goals. I set them all year long!
How about you? Are you traditional New Year's goal setter? Or do you prefer to see what life brings to you, and act surprised?

No comments: