Monday, April 2, 2012

Some People Should Never Eat in the Car!


We had a long drive ahead of us and no time to stop, so we got food to go. Bob ate his. Michael ate his. I wore mine. (Some people should never be allowed to eat in the car, and I am one of them!) As soon as I realized I'd dribbled and dropped on my top, I got out at the next stop and washed my shirt in the bathroom sink. (I hate those wavy-hand faucets! I never know exactly where to wave to make them turn on! They make me feel like an ineffectual magician.) The soap was lusciously puffy, the water wonderfully warm, the shirt clean and WET!
So I stepped outside the store and caught the breeze. (Fortunately, I'd wore another shirt underneath.) It looked like I was holding a purple wind sock! Then Michael came along and lent a hand.
So when you've dribbled your ideas on paper and your manuscript looks messy, what are you going to do about it? You can throw your shirt away, but if you really like the shirt underneath, go ahead and clean it up. One of my writing class members has discovered that he hates re-writing. It's true that some spots may take more scrubbing than others, but most shirts (and stories) are worth saving. Are you going to save yours?
Now hop on over to SKYLEEFAIR.BLOGSPOT.COM to see what Anedra and the Fish Prince are doing in their fairy tale!

No comments: