Monday, May 30, 2011

The Power of the Crone

Sometimes you feel pretty, sometimes you feel old, sometimes you feel pretty old - especially when falling from a full speed run down the road, skidding across the blacktop, scraping shoulder, hip, and knee. It's rib-cracking good fun, I tell ya (from 2-day-ago experience!) I just thank my lucky stars for a really WIDE elastic wrap around my rib cage.
According to experts, I'm passing out of my crone year tomorrow. (Now I can say I've been there, done that.) What comes after "crone," I'd like to know? "Ultra-crone?" (If ultra-crones look like this one, where do I sign up?)
Actually, I read a paper in one of my college classes that said crones are wise. Crones are strong. Crones should be revered.
So bring me chocolate and a pillow to put my feet up on, and I'll tell everyone what to do!
What do you think of crones?

5 comments:

Marsha Ward said...

What? You only get a year to be a crone? That stinks. I thought it was from a certain time, until death. Yeah. That sounds better.

Shirley Bahlmann said...

The article I read said you are a crone for your 52nd year, and then again in your 57th year. After that, I think you can be a wise and magical crone FOREVER! (I'm not sure why there's a gap in there... I think that 52 year old crone stint is a free trial period.)

joanloveshome said...

I am in my 52nd year. I think when I turned 50, it was like turning a corner into a really good space. Just old enough to know who I am and just bold enough to say whatever I want, do what I please and not really care what children or hubby thinks. I like being a crone. I will continue, it becomes me...

Shirley Bahlmann said...

It's great to accept who you really are, because, um... what's the alternative? Being who you aren't? That satisfies no one. So crone away, my good Joan.

Anonymous said...

I can't help but wonder why only women responded to the blog- I wonder if there is a year of "something" for 83 and 85 year old parents.It's a lttle late for them to say or do much differently than they'vr done or tried to do in the past