Monday, May 23, 2011

Picking Noses

So I was writing along, shooting for my daily word count in a dramatic scene where a woman had a terrible accident. A doctor approaches her, and in that heartfelt moment of horror and compassion, he thought he could pick out her nose.
Argh!
It's not what I meant, not really! The good doctor could identify the structure of her nose from the surrounding mass of mangled flesh. But how wordy is that?
Ah, how can writing be so alluring and yet so tortuous? How can I love it so?
Why do you love the things you love?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo laughing over what you wrote, and the photo too, Juanita. I don't normally find nose picking to be funny, but you have this way with words!:)

(Tried to post this before and Blogger was rude and lost it, so I'm posting as anonymous. ~ Rrrrrramona )

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Ah! Good choice. Anonymous is very famous, you know. I see his or her name all over the literary place!