Monday, April 11, 2011

Was it my Forehead Tattoo?

My 11-year-old son opened a package of temporary tattoos and eagerly sifted through the contents. Then he looked up and me and asked, "Should I put one on my forehead?"
"Sure!"
"No, I don't dare."
"I do."
Eyes wide, he asked, "Really, Mom? You'd really let me put a tattoo on your forehead?"
"Yeah," I said, lifting up my bangs. I chose the girl tattoo, knowing he'd never use it. You might think that my bangs would hide the tattoo, but, no, more than one person asked me what had happened to my head.
Then came the phone call..."Hello?" I answered on the second ring.
"Is this mental counseling?" asked a male voice.
"No. What number were you calling?"
He rattled off my home phone number. "I found this listed on the Internet under 'mental counseling'," he explained.
"I'm sorry, it's the wrong number," I said. I hung up and caught sight of myself in a mirror, tattoo and all. Maybe the Internet was trying to tell me something.
Would YOU ever wear a tattoo on your head? (My seventeen year old said that some people get PAID to wear advertising tattoos! There's a career path for you.)

2 comments:

Chas Hathaway said...

Hahaha! You should give our 18 month old lessons. We put a temporary tattoo on her arm, and for the next week, every time she looked at it, she got mad, tried to wipe it off, and burst into tears. We had to put long sleeves on her until it wore off.

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Well, maybe you accidentally gave her a BOY tattoo. Us girls want to doll it up, you know!
Next time try putting it on the back of her neck. While she's sleeping. Then put her hair in a ponytail. She'll never know...