Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Lost Beads, Found Sponge

I really like watermelon, so was very happy to get a pair of beaded watermelon earrings last summer. They were big enough that it's hard to imagine that I didn't discover I'd lost one until after I got home one day. How did I not notice that it had fallen out of my ear?

I only felt a sense of loss until I found a watermelon-shaped kitchen sponge in Grapevine, Texas, while visiting my sister Bev.
The extra size was a bit of a puzzle...

...but not too hard for my creative mind to solve!
A bread knife, scissors, permanent marker, Mod Podge, and earring hooks made my new watermelon earrings a reality.
(They look good enough to eat, but I don't recommend it.)
How do you feel when you lose something you like? What do you do about it?

No comments: