Sunday, May 23, 2021

Popular Green Soup

When we had a potluck dinner at our church, a few of us were asked to bring soup. Before I could even decide what I would make, a lady I've known for four years said to me, "You've got to bring your green soup!"
I don't know why the soup looks yellow...perhaps it's the yellow bowl I put it in to show how little soup was left from that great big crockpot! (But the bowl makes it look like a lot of soup leftover...I'm not the best size estimator girl, nor the best photographer, apparently.)
If you like broccoli, zucchini, onions, and garlic, then you might like green soup.

RECIPE:
Saute 1 large onion and 2 cloves finely chopped garlic in 1 TBSP butter, olive oil, or vegetable stock.
Simmer 3 medium sliced zucchini and 2 heads chopped broccoli in 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock.
When tender, stir both pans of ingredients together and add salt and pepper to taste.
Blend mixture in batches until you have smooth green soup.
Return the saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 3/4 cup cream (or coconut cream) and 3 TBSP pesto.
Add additional pest to individual serving bowls as desired.
Do you like soup?
What's your favorite?

No comments: