Monday, August 27, 2018

Bird Attack! (Alfred Hitchcock was right!)

I was at the library minding my own business with my attention tuned to my laptop when I heard a tapping noise. I turned my head to see a feathery attacker just outside the window!
I don't know what this bird's issue was, but when it saw me staring at it, it glared back fearlessly.
When it turned its beak skyward, I wondered if it was summoning reinforcements. (How many birds would it take to break a window? I know it's possible, with their sharp beaks and pointy toenails. Put enough of those together with a flying leap behind them, and put up your laptop to deflect shattering glass!)
It was all a ruse. This feathered creature was such a force unto itself that I actually feared to step outside alone.
My fear may have stemmed from my older babysitting sister offering to let me, at 10 years old, to stay up late and watch a movie with her on television while the other children slept. (Or, as it turned out later for my two brothers, hide behind the couch to watch anyway.) The title of the movie?
The Birds!
 Did you ever watch Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds?
(If not, you can click the title and watch it online... if you dare! I kept covering my eyes with a blanket, so maybe I should give it a grown-up try.)

No comments: