Monday, February 19, 2018

The Dog Who Loved Me

Note: Dogs are really supposed to be referred to as "that's," not "who's," (as in "The Dog That Loved Me) but then the heading wouldn't have the familiar ring of "The Spy Who Loved Me." (Did that adventure story even enter your mind?)
Whether you know it or not, I made an instant up close and personal friend when I opened my car door one day. 

He was so enamored with my presence that he didn't even ask before he put both paws on my leg and checked out the steering wheel, as if offering to drive me to the park for a picnic. (I would provide the picnic basket, of course. He didn't watch Yogi Bear for nothing.)


"Look into my eyes," he seemed to whisper, rather moistly, into my ear. "You want to share your food with me. You want to give me all your food. And pet me. And scratch behind my ears... for hours."

"Come with me to the casbah... bring doggy biscuits. Lots and lots of doggy biscuits."
Do you believe in the power of suggestion?
(Do you have a dog that loves you?)

No comments: