Monday, December 11, 2017

Enthusiasm for Christmas Is Fun!

Happy birthday to my brother, DellRay, today! He is approximately 17 months and 22 days older than me. We had great times growing up, which included all 8 of us children. Carolyn is the youngest. Since she recently moved in with Bob and me, I've been reminded that having her live with us makes Christmas even more fun!
She helped my son, Jeff, put lights up outside his house.

She got to sit on Santa's lap.

She put Christmas lights in her room. (A gift from our sister, Bev.)

She was surprised with a timely gift from our sister, Loraine.

She's teaching me that it's more fun to have enthusiasm in life for every experience, and if you can't be enthusiastic, at least reach for optimism.
My other sister, Rebecca, told me how she'd simplified her Christmas gift giving, and was all done by Thanksgiving this year, leaving her free to experience the joyous spirit of Christmas instead of the stress of trying to get everything done.
How are your Christmas preparations? 
Are you an early finisher?
Or do you like to wait until the last minute?

No comments: