Monday, December 19, 2016

When Nature Calls, even Elves Gotta Go!

I didn't know what an Elf on the Shelf was until I visited my son's house and accidentally touched the leg of a red-suited elf hanging from a wire strung across the ceiling.
"NO!" my grandchildren screamed. "If you touch him, he'll go away!" 
Well, apparently there is a second-chance clause for uneducated Grammys. After spending a day with a bandage on his leg, Freddy was back to moving around the house at night.
(Can I lock my door?)
Here he is on the back of the toilet, poised over a cup with a bit of yellow liquid in the bottom, with the illuminating words, "Let it go, let it go, don't hold it back anymore! Hehehe. Freddy" written on the toilet lid.
(I don't know that Freddy is going to be getting any presents. Does his mama know he's writing on toilets, I wonder?)
Do you have an Elf on the Shelf? 
Do you have a similar Christmas tradition?

No comments: