Monday, June 27, 2016

If You Don't Like Feet or Toes, Don't Look!

I never had a pedicure before May 2016. I got a gift certificate from my daughter-in-law, Nicolle, to have my feet soaked, pumiced, cuticles clipped, nails filed, and painted by a perfect stranger. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I am up for new experiences, so I went in to see what it was all about.
My GPS initially took me to a trailer park clubhouse. Momentarily confused, I recalculated with the business name instead of the address, and was redirected to a place 10 minutes away. It was still morning when I got to La Couture, and there was only one lady having her feet done. By the time I left, there were a dozen ladies soaking their toes.
I was directed to choose a nail polish color. As per my usual habit, I chose a flesh tone. After the cute Filipino nail technician painted two of my toes, she looked up at me and suggested that I have brightly painted toes for summer instead.
I told her to go ahead and choose the color for me, so she did!
I may not have the most beautiful feet in the world, but they work, and I'm grateful for them, even when I have a razor incident that accidentally injures my toe. (See my owie in the photo above?)
Speaking of toes, we are allowed to wear sandals at work, but the dress code requires a strap around the back of any shoes worn. Does this rule out flip flops? 
Not if someone figures out how to add a heel strap! 
So how are you with your feet? Do you like to walk around in bare feet or as little shoe as possible? (Like me?) Or are you happier in a pair of shoes? (Like my husband.)

No comments: