Sunday, June 22, 2014

Visions of Las Vegas

Leaving Las Vegas on Tropicana Avenue, we saw Excalibur

and New York, New York

And here is the Luxor pyramid as seen from my son's street. (Find the pointy thing in the middle between the palm trees.)


I think the planes fly in different directions on different days, because when they went north, they were nearly low enough to part my hair, but on the day I left Las Vegas, the planes were headed west. Look closely...there's an airplane just above the tree to the left of the antenna. I wanted to show how low they were when they took off, and this was the best I could do in the time I had. (Use your imagination! That's what it's for!)

In the parking lot, I had a van park behind me with a sign in its windshield stating, "Desert Memorial - On official business for the coroner's office." (In the dollar store?)

I saw this friendly kitty sitting in a window on my morning walk.

I also kept seeing strange figures on the street that looked like little alligators or pieces of dead animals. (They were shreds from palm trees.)

 The water park was refreshing.

I DID get under the mushroom water fountain, too, I just didn't do it with my phone camera!

Would you really want to eat here?

Or would you rather eat here?

This sign made me happy, because I am a saxophone player!

David Copperfield doesn't even have to DO anything...he just looks magic!

The morning sun sure makes the buildings shine!

 After I painted theirs, my grandchildren kindly painted my face for me. This is my nearly 10-year-old granddaughter's heart creation.

Here is my 3 1/2 year old granddaughters "Rainbow Ninja."

And my six-year-old grandson gave me a zombie arm.

All in all, a great vacation! I'm ready to go again! Where will I end up next time?


No comments: