Monday, May 6, 2013

Grammy's Cushion at the Hut in the Foothills

When my 7-year-old grandson wanted to hike into the foothills to hang out at his hut, I wasn't going to let him have all the fun, so I tagged along. I found a nice bush casting shade on a patch of ground that was half stickers and half dirt. Carefully lowering myself onto the dirt part of the shade, I watched my grandson, his little brother, and their two friends work on their cool hut. Can you see it? It's fairly well camouflaged. Look above my thumb. Squint a little. Look for straight lines. There! You've got it.


After flirting with prickly stickers for about half an hour, I was surprised and charmed to see the boys holding an un-upholstered square of cushion out toward me. "Here, Grammy," my grandson said. "How would you like to sit on this?" I told him I would like to very much!
When we left the hut, I couldn't help but take a picture of the rough-hewn little gentlemen. (You can see the cushion beneath the feet of the boy on the far left. As many times as you tell them to keep their feet off the couch, I doubt they'll ever really listen until they have to buy a couch of their own.)


What kindness has someone done for you lately? What have you done that was nice for someone else?

No comments: