Monday, February 4, 2013

What's the Point?

When my son watched me put on my socks before pushing my feet into shoes for a foray out in the frozen tundra, he asked me a good question. "Mom, what's the point of painting your toenails if you just cover them up with socks and shoes?"
I didn't know what to say. I can only guess that it's a gut reaction from summertime. I even wore flip flops into the fall, as long as I could get away with it, even though Bob says I don't have the toes for toenail polish. He says they look like lollipops on the ends of my feet. (They are kind of weird, since I had to put an elastic around them to make them stick close enough together to all fit in the picture.)
But lollipops are happy things-sweet and colorful. If I have funny toes, then they match the rest of me.
Unique features are an integral part of writing believable characters in stories. Which of your features reaches less-than-Greek perfection, and what do you like about it?

No comments: