Monday, January 24, 2011

Bahlmanns in Rows

Whenever I spend time with my grandsons (all currently single digit aged), I feel transported back in time because it seems such a short while ago that my own boys were that age.
One of my sons commented to me over Christmas, "Mom, thanks for never making any of us feel like you wanted us to be any different. You never seemed to wish that any of us was a girl. You were just happy to have us like we were."
I wanted to cry with joy to hear that my boys know I love them with no ribbony strings or hidden hair bows attached. What makes it even better is knowing they love me too, in all my weirdness. The best thing is to love one another just as we are.
I can't imagine being anything but a kid inside, no matter how my face may look to you. I'm still just a kid, loving all my kids, and the kid inside of you!

2 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

So true!! Every child deserves to be loved unconditionally, just like they are, no strings attached.

Shirley Bahlmann said...

I'm glad you see it that way, too, Patty Ann. With parents like you in the world, children have a chance!