Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thankful...

Justin Osmond sent me a message from India about a cow lying in the middle of the road. Since cows are sacred there, people were driving around it. He wrote that he wanted to get his paintball gun and blast it! That made me laugh.
But then he wrote about a man who'd contracted polio as a child and had twisted little legs that didn't work. He dragged himself around by his arms. That nearly broke my heart. It also made me feel incredibly grateful for my legs, no matter how many varicose veins I have. So what if Bob tells me I don't have the right kind of toes for toenail polish? At least they work.
My heart was lighter when I realized how blessed I am in every part of my life. And I included that polio man in my prayers.
All will be well, because Father in Heaven is merciful and just.

3 comments:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Shirley: You are such a kind-hearted person to think to include the man with polio in your prayers!

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Those are some of the cutest bunnies I've ever seen!

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Oops. That was supposed to go on the blog above!