Sunday, April 12, 2020

Bunny Fabric

Yay for Easter!
I like fabric. I have to hold myself back from buying as much as I really want to get.
I come by it honestly. My grandmother was a professional seamstress who sewed drill team uniforms, wedding dresses, and did alterations that made clothes fit so well that it looked as if the people who wore them were born in them.
My grandmother's daughter went further, acquiring so much fabric that she actually bought a single wide trailer to keep it all in.
So, I don't know if it's nature or nurture, but I am truly drawn to buy fabric, especially shiny, flowy, beautiful, or interesting fabric.
Yet I saw the futility of having way more than you could make in a lifetime, so I've given a few bushels of fabric away, and I mange to hold myself back, from buying, anyway.
So now I content myself with taking pictures of fabric that grabs my fancy, like this adorable bunny fabric with 3-D bunny tails sewn on! Then I can smile and remember and not have to store the cute stuff.
What do you like to collect?

No comments: