Monday, February 3, 2020

When Your Pen Blobs

While writing a name on an envelope, my pen made a blob of ink right toward the end of the last flourish, but not RIGHT on the end, as if I meant to do it, so it looked like a mistake, it looked ridiculous, almost as bad as getting a splotch of "is that BLOOD?" ketchup on it.
My 3rd grade art teacher, who was interesting enough to resemble Popeye's girlfriend Olive Oyl and was perpetually cheerful, even with elementary school students, taught me that there are no mistakes in art. I stretched that to mean there are also no mistakes in writing...so I added some INTENTIONAL splotches all along the lines of the letters.
TA-DA!
(I meant to do that...)
Do you like to try to fix mistakes? (Well, assuming you make mistakes...)
Or do you like to get fresh supplies and start all over again?

No comments: