Monday, November 19, 2018

Thankful for Thanksgiving

My little sister is in the best holiday mood, reminding me that we should decorate for Thanksgiving.
Shirley Scrooge... (or is it Turkey Shirley?) didn't want to bother. More expense, more stuff to store, to lose, to look for in subsequent years (like the adorable little pilgrim dolls our sister Loraine sent Carolyn last year. (I KNOW we have them, and I know where I put them, but Carolyn rearranged and we haven't found them yet.) So Turkey Shirley encouraged Carolyn to wait for the time to put up Christmas decorations.
Over the course of four days, Carolyn gently insisted that she thought we ought to decorate for Thanksgiving.
Shirley finally relented.
BUT GUESS WHAT?
The stores we went to didn't HAVE any Thanksgiving decorations!
Yet Thanksgiving is such a gentle, refreshing holiday.
(I'm not talking about the arguments that the Native Americans were booted off their land and all of that stuff. I'm talking about the spirit of gratitude.)
So we got a plastic table cover and made our own decoration, because we have a lot to be thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments: