Monday, April 15, 2013

Location, location

In the town where I was born is a little Island Market. Now the big question is, where do you think I was born? (Go ahead, make a guess before reading further!)
(How did you know?)
It's LOGAN, UTAH.
So what's with the Island Market in cold norther Utah?
I don't really know, but I have a guess.
 The only thing that makes sense to me is that it's on a little spot of land which could perhaps be considered an island if you can image the roads as water. It's at the intersection of a four way stop, ie., the four winds or four nautical directions. It's a go-to place for locals, a little-bit-of-everything convenience store built before there were such things as 7-11's. (Check out the cool entry doors on the corner! The only thing that could make them better is if they were flanked by palm trees.)
When you write a story, be sure to include a setting or landmark that piques the reader's interest. This is a great way to make your tale unforgettable. 
What quirky establishments or landmarks do you see in your area?

1 comment:

Ethan Krane said...

I passed by Island Market everyday for twenty years. It's a great place