Monday, February 4, 2013

What's the Point?

When my son watched me put on my socks before pushing my feet into shoes for a foray out in the frozen tundra, he asked me a good question. "Mom, what's the point of painting your toenails if you just cover them up with socks and shoes?"
I didn't know what to say. I can only guess that it's a gut reaction from summertime. I even wore flip flops into the fall, as long as I could get away with it, even though Bob says I don't have the toes for toenail polish. He says they look like lollipops on the ends of my feet. (They are kind of weird, since I had to put an elastic around them to make them stick close enough together to all fit in the picture.)
But lollipops are happy things-sweet and colorful. If I have funny toes, then they match the rest of me.
Unique features are an integral part of writing believable characters in stories. Which of your features reaches less-than-Greek perfection, and what do you like about it?

No comments:

TWO NEW Rocky Mountain Romance titles!

Wow! Get lost in love with these two new Rocky Mountain Romance titles! Click on covers to get yours. Prince Charming has his work c...