Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fog and Fire trucks

It was the last day of the summer Children's Writing Class. With the intention of making it memorable, I  borrowed a fog machine to add ambience while the tall-hatted guy in the center of the photo, my 13-year-old funny fortune telling son, told fortunes.
The children loved it.
The fire alarm didn't.
As soon as the alarm sounded, I dashed up the stairs and let the people in the city office know that the alarm was from a fog machine, not a real fire. They sent in the police chief (who is my son's brother-in-law) and a fireman (who happened to be Kerry Steck from my graduating class at high school.) They shook their heads and set up fans and cleared the whole place out.
When I went outside, I was very surprised to see a fire truck and a police car, both with flashing lights.
All this commotion from a little fog!
Now I'm determined to go forth and write stories as memorable as my last writing class!
What have you done for fun that didn't turn out as you planned?



1 comment:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Oh my gosh, I am so laughing. Fun follows you wherever you go, Sweeta Juanita! :)