Monday, July 30, 2012

Christmas songs in July

          She came from Las Vegas... maybe that's the reason, but I don't think so. I think it's because she's related to me.
          When my granddaughter came to town to be baptized, she chose some prelude and intermediate hymns to sing at the July event. Among "As I Have Loved You" and "Families Can Be Together Forever," she chose "Away in a Manger" and "Angels We Have Heard on High." 
          And why not? Who says it has to be December to sing Christmas songs? Well, actually, I have heard people who compartmentalize holidays because it just makes sense to them and brings them comfort and order, but Anneke is a free-spirited thinker, kind of like her Grammy!
          Which one are you? Do you feel more comfortable operating inside the box, or do you sometimes like to draw outside the lines?




2 comments:

Christensens said...

I think it is cool that she chose those songs. I resent hearing Christmas songs on the radio before Thanksgiving is over, because I like to enjoy Thanksgiving before the craziness of Christmas begins. In any case, you have a lovely granddaughter and she's lucky to have you as her grandma!

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Thank you! We do enjoy being related!