Monday, May 21, 2018

Attack of the Giant Spider!

I was startled to find a giant spider ready to jump on my car as I entered the roundabout in St. George's Main Street/Tabernacle Street intersection!
I don't know who made it or what it commemorates, but there it is.
I don't hate spiders. My husband, Bob, is wary of them. He was bitten on the elbow by a black widow about 30 years ago. Not only did his elbow swell up to the size of a tomato, but half his face was paralyzed by Bell's Palsy. The doctor said it may be permanent, or it may gradually heal.
With half his mouth paralyzed, Bob couldn't whistle, and he dribbled when he drank. His smile was a crazy sight to see, and he even kissed crooked.
We were both relieved when he regained full feeling in his face after about six months.
Are you a spider hater?
A spider lover?
Or you'll live your life, and they'll live theirs?

No comments: