Monday, March 14, 2011

Can't sleep? Eat ice cream!

Ice cream and chocolate help you sleep! How delightful! Who knew? It must be true, since my very-educated niece serves her pre-school daughter vanilla ice cream and chocolate at night to help the cutie little girl sleep. It has something to do with the relaxing properties of calcium and magnesium. Even better, it works HOT, too, because when my MOM heard about it, she got up one restless night and fixed a cup of hot chocolate with added creamer. (She said if she'd had squirty whipped cream, she would have used that, but she made do.) As soon as she stumbled back to her bedroom, she didn't remember going to bed, but woke up rested in the morning, chocolate mustache and all.
If it works for young girls and old girls, then it ought to work for middle girls like me. I'm going to try it!
What do you do to help you sleep?

2 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh, I totally love this idea. It is a great one. I think I will go have a hot fudge sundae now!!!

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Amen, Patty! I had to laugh when a lady told me today that she knew someone who was so irresponsible, they gave their 2-year-old some vanilla ice cream when she woke up in the night. That irresponsible person was insightful, at least!