Monday, July 16, 2018

Historical, Hysterical Monument!

I've been historically oriented since childhood, interested in old houses and places where things happened long ago. That's why I want to read what's on an old memorial whenever I see one!
So when I spotted this monument while driving away from a friend's remote homestead, my husband patiently stopped the truck so I could see what it was all about. 
I actually ran to it, excited to uncover information that would plunge my imagination into the past.

Breathless, I read: "On this site in 1897, nothing happened."
I burst out laughing at this modern-day spoof of a time-honored old western tradition.
How many days do we feel as if "nothing" happened?
Do you like to make things happen?
Or do you prefer to read about things happening?

No comments: