Monday, October 16, 2017

Birthday Hair Bow

On the day I wore "the bow," a man asked me, "What's the occasion?"
Since I didn't of what "occasion" he was referring to, I gave him a blank look.
He gestured toward my head. "The bow. What's the occasion?"
I was truly surprised, because I hadn't thought my bow was noteworthy. I'd just worn it because I liked it and thought it went with my dress. 
(Doesn't it?)
 But judging by this man's question, my bow was NOT appropriate for general society. It was only appropriate in Shirley's World.
So searched my mind for a "normal" answer, unsure what that might be.
Finally, I pulled out of my brain, "It's my grandson's birthday." (Because it was.) Offering no explanation for why I would be wearing a gift bow on my grandson's birthday (shouldn't he be wearing it?) I left.

I didn't think the bow I put in my hair was weird at all, not until someone else commented on it as if it was out of the ordinary.
Tomorrow is my son, Scott's birthday. If I wore this bow to visit him, he wouldn't think it was weird at all.
(Come to think of it, I don't think any of my boys would think it was weird, at least not on my head.)
Do you wear what you want?
Or do you seek expert advice?

No comments: