Monday, August 28, 2017

When I Wanted to be Taller

When I wanted to be taller, my baby nephew, Glenn Anderson Roth, beat me anyway.
This picture was taken the summer after Bob and I were married on June 1, 1978.

I thought I was overly tall at just half an inch away from 6 feet, but the guy I fell in love with happened to be 6' 7". I suppose that made being 6 feet tall easier, but why did I want to go taller?
(How did we do that, anyway? And how did itty bitty Glenn get on MY shoulders? LOOK HOW HAPPY HE IS!)
The details are lost, but the evidence is there, in an era before digital photography doctorization.
As the oldest of six, Glenn got a chance to reverse positions, just as happily, it seems, on the bottom tier of this family pyramid.  (Bottom row, L-R: Greg, Glenn, Grant. Middle row: Gretta and Genna. Top row, er, child: Gable. Mother Melinda is acting as spotter behind her well balanced children.)


Have you ever been in a pyramid?
(Okay, I heard that, cousin Suzanne, Egypt-traveler!)
I mean, have you ever been part of a HUMAN pyramid? If so, did you get the top, bottom, or middle position?

No comments: