Monday, March 20, 2017

Spontaneous Senior Citizen!

Yes, I went into Walgreen's after 11:00 pm (on my way to work) to buy some lipstick because it was on SALE! I don't wear make up that late in the day. I let my skin breathe, baby.
 As I stood at the checkout counter where a cute 20-something cashier was ringing up my purchases, all of a sudden, she said, "Let me give you the Senior Citizen discount and save you little money."
She didn't ask how old I was... she didn't ask for ID... she didn't even glance up to take a second look at me to see if I looked younger than she thought. Tip, tap, whirr, here's your receipt, and I had the senior citizen discount.

Within a 24 hour time period, I had makeup on and red hair (by accident... telephone instruction on how to use professional hair color!) and I didn't feel like a senior citizen.
How about you? Do you feel old? Or do you feel young? Or somewhere in between?

No comments: