Monday, January 13, 2014

Bearded Barry?


I'm one of those authors who like to listen to music while I write, and one of my sources is Pandora online radio. Well, just try to imagine my surprise when I logged in one day to find the traditional Barry Manilow face smiling up at me from the left side of my screen, while a broader, bearded Barry grinned at me from the right side. What? Had he really grown a beard? Even though it looked like bearded Barry was an ad, I actually looked up "Barry Manilow, 2013" to see if he had put on weight and grown facial hair. To my surprise, he's as thin, or maybe even thinner, than he was when he was a young singer just starting out!
Now you look at the pictures. Isn't there a resemblance?
I know how he feels. From the time I was in middle school, people have asked me if I was from somewhere else, had family in other places, or if I'm related to (fill in the blank.) After so much of that, I finally decided I have a generic face. (Like Barry!) 
Have you ever been mistaken for someone you're not?

No comments: