Monday, April 25, 2011

Trench Coat and Soccer Sock

I didn't want to go to the store, but I had the debit card. So I was the designated payer. Disguising my disarray under a trench coat and a thick soccer sock tied around my rumpled hair (masquerading as a head band) apparently did not do the trick.
"Mom!" whispered my teenager as we wandered down the store aisle. "You look like a hobo vagrant!"
"Really?" I asked, patting my soccer sock. "Should I have tied the knot under my hair instead of on top?"
He rolled his eyes and moved four steps away from me, pretending he wasn't with me. He even offered to drive home, taking the key and leaving the store to get the car while I was at the checkout counter.
Wasn't that nice of him? And do you think he'll hurry me to the store again before I'm ready?

2 comments:

Cindy Beck, author said...

I am so totally laughing over this because it would not surprise me at all to see you in the store with a soccer sock on your head!

We just love you to pieces, Juanita. Or as some say, "We love yer guts!" :)

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Hey, Ramona, Thanks!
Even though I say it too, I've always wondered why people say, "Love yer guts." I mean, of all the pieces of a person to love, why the guts? Does that mean that you love them so much, you'd still love them even if guts were the only option?
Makes me wonder...