Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Remodeling

Ever since my bookcases collapsed, I have not seemed to be able to get on top of the clutter. It seems that most of what's left is, well, books. I just can't throw them away, and I have to go through them to see which ones I can possibly part with for library donations. I mean, without bookshelves, where else can I put them? I have started a stack against the wall, bricklayer style, of titles I want to read and then possibly donate.
Another squirrel in the coconut tree is that Bron wants to paint his room... at least, I thought he wanted to paint his room. Now it appears that he wants ME to HELP him paint his room. I already spent about 4 hours scraping wallpaper off the narrow wall of his room (the only place three layers were plastered, thank goodness.) I thought I'd done my decorator time. But apparently not.
Hey, I know! We can re-do Bron's room with bookcase walls! That will solve everything.

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

We NEVER get rid of books, we are not allowed. When I was growing up my parents divided our rooms with bookshelves to reduce fighting. I LOVE books.

Randi said...

Books are always the hardest "clutter" for me to get rid of. I always seem to get emotionally tied up in a book and feel like I'm amputating something when I have to get rid of some.

Shirley Bahlmann said...

If I had more shelves, I would not want to get rid of books, either. But the library is the safest place I know of to put them. I love books, too, and some of the ones I've "amputated" still haunt me.
I know! I could build a house out of them! (Covers out so I could still open them and read them. Adjustable height chairs, anyone?)

TWO NEW Rocky Mountain Romance titles!

Wow! Get lost in love with these two new Rocky Mountain Romance titles! Click on covers to get yours. Prince Charming has his work c...