Friday, September 18, 2009

Who Set Me Up?

Okay, I've had some freaky things happen in my life, and another one just burst out of the computer a minute ago. You see, I've never set up a TWITTER account because it seems, well, kind of annoying to have updates for every little thing someone does throughout their life.
Well, I've gotten enough followers of my non-existent Twitter account that I decided to bite the beak and give it a try. I mean, you don't really know unless you try it, right?
But guess what? When I typed my information, the Blue Twitter Bird told me that my email address was already taken.
Say what?
Well, I have been known to put library books in the fridge and just yesterday I lost my celery in the cupboard and was SO GLAD when Michael found it that I was willing to concede there was a remote possibility I'd set up an account without paying attention.
So I tried to log in, but since I had no memory of creating the account, I didn't know the password. So I clicked on "Forgot Password," and was sent a re-set password link... but LOOK HOW MY NAME IS SPELLED! "Hi, ShirleyBahlman"
Now I KNOW I didn't set that up, because I happen to know that, no matter how unnecessary they both seem, my last name is spelled with 2 "N's" at the end!
So what I want to know is... who set me up?!

7 comments:

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

that is way bizarre and strangely funny. Someone made you a Twitter account???

Anonymous said...

I dont' know - but they seem to have got me too! Maybe we both have evil twins we don't know about.... it could happen....

sandee said...

You must be very popular to have someone hijack your name like that. You also must be as interesting to others as you are to me. Does your fictious Twitter ID have a following?

It makes me want to check to see if someone has done this to me.

Randi said...

That's kinda freaky. It's almost as eerie as when you sign up for facebook and the first thing it does is tell you all the people it thinks are already your friends, and they're right! Like how did they know those people were my friends?

What's especially weird is that you know it wasn't you that tried to set it up because of the misspelling. How strange.

Rachelle Christensen said...

Okay that's freaky! That's beyond the normal computer gremlins--maybe their head leader really likes the name Shirley. :)

Joyce DiPastena said...

That's kind of scary, Shirley. Unless there's a Shirley Bahlmann running around out there with only one "n" in Bahlman?

Cindy Beck, author said...

That's just plain bizarre. Maybe you have an alter ego in a parallel universe that doesn't know how to spell her name!