Monday, October 15, 2007

YIKES! I've been tagged by Don "Fast Fingers" Carey!

Four jobs I've had:
  1. Swimming Pool concessionaire
  2. Cutting hearts and livers out of turkeys
  3. Writing my boyfriend's name in the dust on top of high cupboards... (otherwise known as summer scrub crew)
  4. Playing saxophone in a musical duo with my sister dubbed "My Sister and Me." (Then she went and had triplets, and our career went down the drain with the dirty diapers.)
Four places I've lived:
  1. Haddon Heights, NJ
  2. Manti, UT
  3. The amazing Triads (student housing) in Logan, UT
  4. one magical summer in Boston, MA
Four movies I love:
  1. Sphinx
  2. Naughty Marietta
  3. Japanese version of "Shall We Dance?"
  4. Spirited Away
Four movies I'd like to see:
  1. Hawgs
  2. Hairspray
  3. Get Smart
  4. "Gold" series (My novels made into movies!)
Four favorite foods:
  1. Pizza
  2. Popcorn (cooked on the stove top, not the microwave mumbo jumbo)
  3. Watermelon
  4. Pumpkin Cookies
Four weird things about me:
  1. I imagined Elvis bouncing little pink pigs off his knees so I wouldn't cry while singing a hymn at my Dad's funeral. (Well, one of us sisters had to do something to carry the tune, and my Dad was such a tease, he still is, I'm sure, and I know he loved it!)
  2. I like to sleep with a dog bed pillow on my stomach.
  3. I make up my own patterns when I sew clothes for myself. (I won't tell you how many of them end up in the Thrift Store.)
  4. I don't mind if my boys play in the mud. (I only have sons, six of them, all wonderful and all muddy!)
Four places I'd rather be:
  1. Backyard swing
  2. On a recumbent bike, racing around the streets
  3. On a four wheeler, racing around the streets
  4. Someplace tropical
Four people to tag:
I don't know! Who's been tagged? Who hasn't? And how do I do this, exactly? I'll just push some buttons and see how it goes.

  1. Girl in a Whirl (what a cool blog name!)
  2. Lords of the Manor (cute little people on there)
  3. Living In Spin Cycle (I can relate... and it even has music!)
  4. Mind Muffins (Oh, my, the picture on the site was priceless!)

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Wow, thanks for the tag....what a great way to meet a new friend!

Unknown said...

Hey, Whirly Shirley! Didn't know you had a blog. Welcome to this crazy new world :-) Must put you on my favorites list.

Bet you'd enjoy the perky critter staring at you from my blog today. LOL.

Misty said...

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to do this yet....... I've been sick, the kids sick, you know how that goes.. no time for anything else AND my house is a disaster that I'm cleaning through today. The good thing, though - - I found a GREAT to blog to read - - YOURS!